Your City Council
Rhonda Williams, Mayor - term May 2024
Christina Porath, Mayor Pro Tem - term May 2024
Keith Chitwood, Council - term May 2024
Colby Collinsworth, Council - term May 2025
Tammy Crosswhite, Council - term May 2025
David Sturgeon, Council - term May 2025
The City of Blue Ridge will not hold an election on May 6, 2023 as all candidates are unopposed.
City Council Candidate Eligibility
The City of Blue Ridge is a Type A General Law City with a Mayor-Council form of government. The City Council consists of a Mayor and five Councilmembers who are elected at-large by majority vote.
- Be a United States citizen (Texas Election Code)
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age (Texas Election Code)
- Be a qualified voter of the City of Blue Ridge for at least six (6) months at the time of filing. (Texas Election Code)
- Be a resident of Texas and the city for at least one (1) year immediately preceding the election. (Texas Election Code)
- Hold no other elected office or appointed public office or position of emolument, except as authorized by state law.
- Not have been determined by a final judgment of a court to be totally mentally incapacitated, or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote. (Texas Election Code)
- Not have been finally convicted of a felony or if so convicted, have been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities. (Texas Election Code)
- No candidate may file for more than one office or position number per election.
- No employee of the City shall continue in such position after becoming a candidate for an elective office.
Filing for Blue Ridge City Council
- Designation of Campaign Treasurer (CTA) Required
- Application Required
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices form (Optional)
- All filings are made with the City Secretary and may be filed during the filing period at:
- In-Person/Mail: City Secretary's Office, 200 S Main St, Blue Ridge, TX 75424
- Email: email@example.com
- Note: State law requires that a candidate’s application and all of its components (including a petition or filing fee) be delivered at the same time, not separately. Therefore, if a candidate submits a filing fee along with an application, it MAY NOT be submitted via email or fax. However, if a candidate submits a petition in lieu of a filing fee along with an application, those may be submitted together via email or fax. Please be advised that an application must be notarized (or otherwise sworn to before someone authorized to administer an oath under Texas law) prior to filing via fax, email or mail. [Texas Election Code, Secs. 1.007, 143.004, 144.003].
200 S Main Street, Blue Ridge, TX 75424