Public Utilities

The City of Blue Ridge has adopted a Water Conservation Plan and Drought Contingency Plan.  CLICK HERE to read the Plan documents.  For more information, please contact City Hall at 972-752-5791.


The City of Blue Ridge has renewed our Wastewater Treatment Plant permit through TCEQ.  Documents including the actual permit renewal are available for viewers inspection at City Hall, 200 S Main, Blue Ridge, TX 75424 during regular office hours.


The Water & Sewer Division of Public Works maintains and repairs a complex water system of valves, fire hydrants, and customer water meters, while regulating system pressure and water volume through calculated pump efficiencies, tower elevations, and electronic controls. The water division meets or exceeds regulations set by TCEQ. The City of Blue Ridge water division maintains the highest water quality as possible.

The Water & Sewer division also maintains and repairs the city’s sewer lines and lift station through constant monitoring of the system. The sewer division strives to provide a sewer collection service that is continuous, safe, and reliable.

Should you require assistance AFTER HOURS, please call (972) 631-3636 – (this is a pager, please leave your return phone number at the beep). Someone will return your call. It forwards to the on-call personnel after hours.




Cease the Grease

  1. Remove oil and grease from all dishes and pans before washing. Once cooled, scrape and wipe off excess grease.
  2. Once grease or cooling oil has cooled, pour into covered collection containers. Never pour oil and grease down the drain.
  3. Cover kitchen sink with catch baskets (strainers) and empty into trash can as needed.
  4. Don’t rinse off oil and grease from pots and pans with hot water. When the water cools the grease will congeal and could cause a backup. Instead, wipe the grease off with a paper towel, dispose of the paper towel in your regular garbage, then wash.
  5. Scrape food scraps from dishes into a trash can to avoid using your garbage disposal.
  6. Used cooling oil can be harmful to your sewer. Why not recycle it? Visit or for more information.
  7. While many “flushable” items (baby wipes) may not clog your pipes, they can easily clog lift station pumps resulting in costly repairs and increasing the potential for sewer overflows. Many manufacturers claim these so-called “flushable” items biodegrade and are sewer and septic safe, but the reality is that they arrive at the treatment plant intact causing damage to screens, motors, and pumps that require expensive repairs. The City of Blue Ridge highly encourages you to dispose of these items with your regular garbage. When you put cooking waste like foods, oil, and grease (F.O.G.) down the drain, it clings to the side of your sewer pipes and can cause clogs in your lines, which may result in an expensive visit from the plumber. Grease can also clog the city’s main sewer lines and make it harder to treat wastewater. The cost of cleaning and repairs contributes to the rates that you pay for sewer service. Clogs can also cause sewer back-ups which are a hazard to the environment as well as public health.

If you would like more information please feel free to contact us at 972-752-5791.

Contact Info

Crystal Childers
Utility Clerk
8-5PM Monday-Friday
(Closed for Lunch 12-1)
Ph: (972) 752-5791 Fax: 972-752-9160

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do if I don't get my water bill?

Call City Hall at 972-752-5791. All bills are due on the 15th of every month.

What if I can't pay my water bill by the shut off date?

Call City Hall at 972-752-5791. Bills are due on or before the 15th of each month no later than 5pm.  Late fees will be charged at 5:01pm on the 15th. No payment may be extended past the 30th of the month.

Where & how do I pay my water bill?

Cash, Check, Money Order or Credit Card (with a fee) you may drop it off at City Hall located at 200 S. Main Street, Blue Ridge, Texas between 8am-5pm Monday-Friday. Mail it to 200 S. Main Street, Blue Ridge, Texas 75424. Call for credit card over the phone 972-752-5791.  There is a night drop box for your convenience. Please do not leave cash in the night drop.

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

What if I have a water or sewer leak after hours?

Call the Emergency Number at 972-752-5791 and leave a message.  A page will be sent out to the City Employee on call.

What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?

Check your meter and the surrounding area for possible leaks. Next, call our office and report low pressure for your area.

Why is my water discolored?

A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the milky look.  Contact City Hall and we will gladly investigate the situation.